UMNO chief Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has categorically dismissed the media reports that claim that he nominated himself for the Prime Minister’s seat ahead of the trust vote of Muhyiddin Yassin. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said that such reports are ‘nonsensical’ and baseless. He said that no discussion has happened to date regarding the post of Prime Minister. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, last week on August 3, had asked all UMNO ministers to quit their positions, citing that PM had lost his majority in the parliament. Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin will face a vote of confidence next month as UMNO decided to leave the coalition government.
Follow MyShorts, News In 60 Words